Machu Picchu is a long lost capital of the Incas and served as the last refuge of the Inca Royals trying to flee the Spanish Conquistadors.
In 1560 AD, the once mighty empire of the Incas was gasping for its last breaths. The Conquistadors from Spain under the leadership of Fransisco Pizzaro had all but annihilated the Incas and were about to wipe out almost all their population the coming decade. The last Inca king was on run and the royal family was in desperate need of a safe refuge from the marauding Spaniards. It was then that they sought their last refuge in the city of Machu Picchu, which became the last capital of the forsaken empire, one which was soon lost for centuries.
|Entrance Type||Entrance Fee (In soles)|
|Machu Picchu only||128|
|Machu Picchu + Wayna Picchu||152|
|Machu Picchu+ Machu Picchu Mountain||142|
|Machu Picchu + Museum||150|
|Place||Max. allowed people|
|Wayna Picchu (7:00 to 8:00 AM)||200/day|
|Wayna Picchu (10:00 to 11:00 AM)||200/day|
|Machu Mountain(7:00 AM to 11:00 AM||400/day|
- Students get a 50% discount on entrance tickets by showing the ISIC card.
- Tickets can be bought at Aguas Calientes cultural center between 5:30 AM and 9:00 PM
- Don’t forget to bring your passport. It is request at the entry gates.
- Only small packets are allowed inside. Luggage storage available near the entrance.
- Food items from outside are not allowed inside. Lunch buffet available inside at US$ 36
Have you visited Machu Picchu? Share your review with us. Do not forget to rate!